Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Down the Virginian Rabbit Hole

Preface: Before reading the account of this dream I would like to say a few things up front. I did not take any medication/drugs before having this dream nor do I promote the use of such things to provoke dreams like this. It is also hard to give the same feel of some dreams through text alone, so if some are not as entertaining or you don't think the written account did it justice talk to me and I will tell you the story orally (for those of you who are giggling because I typed "orally" all I can say is *wink*). Otherwise if you have any comments or questions about the dream please leave them in the comment section and I'll respond as soon as I can.

I'm in a nice looking diner with a black and white checkered floor. I'm sitting at a small round table with a cup of hot liquid, judging by the style and size of the mug I think I got a coffee or an espresso. A tall man with slicked back hair and thick glasses walks into the diner and approaches me as soon as he enters. He looks me up and down and says,
"You should marry my daughter!" I was flabbergasted at the suggestion. He beckons me with his left hand and leads me outside the diner to talk with me. While walking away from the diner I was surprised to see the exterior of the diner was more like a castle. The pathway I walked upon was cobblestone and the stone walls had ivy crawling up the majority of it. The tall man began again,
"My daughter is a young Ethiopian and she loves well-to-do white men." At this point I woke up because of a loud noise in my room, but returned to sleep almost instantly.

I found myself back in the diner at a similar table. Shortly after enjoying a sip of whatever I was drinking this time some person that I hadn't seen before ran up to me and shouted,
"Get into the cave quick!" I had no idea what this person was talking about but as I mulled it over I noticed the diner was collapsing all around me. The floor began to crumble near my table so I looked around for something and sure enough a section of the diner was a cave. I sprinted towards the cave and dove in.

The cave turned out to be more of a pit in the beginning because I found myself falling indefinitely. As I watched the rounded walls of the pit fly by me a voice below me shouted,
"Watch out for Lancelot!" I looked up to see a knight in full armor falling head first down the pit. He had his sword drawn and was hacking away at any and all bramble stuck along the sides of the pit walls.

When I landed I was on a large rock platform. I found that I was in the company of a few others. The few that had escaped the diner via the cave included a waitress, the manager, Lancelot, and myself. We began to travel further into the cave hopping from platform to platform because these platforms were surrounded by a sea of lava. Our exploring brought us to a fork in the cave. The waitress looked at us and said,
"I'm not sure which way will take us to the young Ethiopian woman." I freaked out but slowly turned towards her and asked,
"Does she really like well-to-do white men?" The whole group stared at me with awe and wonder in their eyes. The waitress exclaimed,
"You are the profit that has been foretold! Lead the way!" So I guide the group to the best of my ability. We eventually come to a small chamber within the cave with a large pool of lava inside. As we approached it a large beast began to rise from the lava. Everyone in the party excluding myself screamed,
"Oh No! It's the Maitre D'!" The beast wore glasses and wielded a large pen and a clipboard which I could only assume had menacing reservations on it. Lancelot began to draw his sword and the waitress pulled out a rolling pin smacks it in the palm of her hand threateningly. I blinked and before I can realize what happened the waitress and Lancelot had slain the beast.

As everyone was gathering themselves after the excitement I found a small path that went further into the cave. The path lead to small room with a tiny platform in the center of it. Sitting cross legged on the platform was a small Ethiopian girl in chains. As we entered the room she opened her eyes and said,
"You have found me at last, so I can finally escape this slavery." We free her from the chains and she runs to a certain rock in the wall. With the might of a titan she removed the rock from the wall and we saw before us an exit from the cave. We all crawl through the space and we found that we were in colonial Virginia! We decided to forge a town for ourselves.

Over the next few days the Ethiopian girl, Lancelot, the waitress, the manager, and myself raised houses and made a large town...I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment