Friday, August 19, 2011

Wolf At The Door

Preface: I started recording and talking about my dreams on a regular basis because of ones like this.

Dream:
I am in a rickety house made out of mostly driftwood. I have a large book in my hand and I know that I have to give it to a scholarly man that is outside the house. I look out the only window in the room to see periodic lightening flashing out across the night sky. I look down at the book in my hands and decide I need to get to the man. I discover only one door on the opposite side of the room. As I slowly approach the door it shakes and loud barks can be heard on the other side of the door. I look through a hole close to the knob on the door. A large wolf spots me and slams against the door in an attempt to bite me. I back away from the door and begin to freak out.

To calm myself I try and think out loud,
"Ok, Sam relax just think."
The door's shaking became more and more intense with each new slam of the wolf.
"Think Sam! Think!"
I could only come up with one plan and it was very risky but I had to deliver the book. I went back to the door and swung it open! I watched the wolf leap into the room this allowed me a couple seconds head start, I then promptly went through the doorway and closed the door, my heart was banging against my chest to be let out. I started to run frantically away from the door and down a long staircase. About a quarter way down the staircase I hear shattering and the splintering of wood, the wolf had burst through the door. I look behind me and the wolf is galloping down the stairs towards me. I run as fast as I can down the steps but the book is heavy and I can't drop it. I get about 7 steps away from the door and I suddenly feel a vice of teeth crunch into my left hand. I scream into the stormy night and turn my head towards the wolf. I look at the dogs menacing face in my hand and swell with anger. I begin slamming the book on the wolf's head, his loosened his grip on my hand and eventually I managed to shove the wolf off me. I get to the door and get myself through it as fast as I can. I close it behind me and lie against it to catch my breath. I look at the bitten hand and it's a mess of bone, cartilage, and puss. I look in front of me and there is a man in a nice suit holding an umbrella over his head to stay dry. I look at his face and my eyes are greeted with a wide smile.

...I wake up.
I lunge forward in my bed breathing heavily and sweating profusely. I look over at the other bed in my room to find Chris just waking up(I had let him sleep here the night before). "Oh My God Tex! (Nickname, guess where he is from) You won't believe this dream I just had."
Chris looks up at me, his face shows that he is still pretty groggy. My body feels kind of weird and I am a little dizzy. I explain to Chris about the book, the wolf, and the dude with the umbrella.
"That's great Sam." Chris clearly uninterested gets toiletries out from his bag.
"But Tex I don't think it was a dream I think I got rabies!" Chris rolls his eyes and continues to get ready for the day.
I couldn't understand why Chris wasn't interested, he loved talking about terrifying encounters with animals. He often creates hypothetical situations about fighting animals and would bring it up for discussion with groups of people. I reached for a mug on my desk and saw teeth marks on my left hand.
"Christopher! Look at this! Look at these teeth marks!" I shove my left hand into his field of vision.
"Ehh you're probably fine Sam, look can we just talk about something more interesting?
"THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU CHRIS?!"
...I really wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment