Preface: This dream happened very recently and thought it should be shared sooner rather than later. Like 99% of my dreams I don't know what this says about me or my sub-conscious...anyway here we go.
Dream: I am at work and I am sweeping the floor trying to make the place look presentable. I glance outside and see it is pouring rain, I relish the fact that I am in an carefully monitored air-conditioned business. I stare back down at my work and finish the floor. As I am putting the dust pan away the entrance bell in the front of the store rang. I look up to see Felicia Day closing up a sopping wet umbrella. I am quite puzzled with her appearance at the shop but I decided 'Why question it?' I shove the dustpan in its place and close the water closet.
"Can I help you?"
I try to ask this as friendly and unassuming as possible. She gives me an odd look and responds,
"Umm ya, you can stop treating me like a customer whenever I enter the store. Lets fix the back shelves first they need the most attention."
I nod slightly and head down to the cellar to bring up some Spanish and Sparkling wine. As we shifted and rotated bottles into appropriate spots on the shelves Felicia looked at me and asked,
"How has business been lately?"
"Ehhh, kind of slow mostly because no one wants wine shipped to them because of the hot weather."
She sighed and continued to stock shelves. I decided to address the question in my mind.
"I'm sorry this may seem weird to you but I didn't know you worked here. You also seem a little bit familiar with me but I've never met you before so I am little lost here."
She seemed very amused by my statement. She finished unloading the last case that I had brought up and said,
"Look I don't work here that often I get called in every now and again to help out. I know you because Kevin(My Boss) told me that you would be working here today. He gave me a little description of what you were like."
"Oh..."
I said this as if someone had just explained the answer to a math problem to me. I felt very deflated after this explanation, but decided to make the best of the situation.
The day began to slip away with small tasks that needed to be done around the shop. During which time we swapped stories, and learned a little bit about each other. I found myself thinking 'Wow I didn't know how much she loves quality chairs...go figure."
I was sitting at the front counter of the shop to take a breath and looked out on the evening streets. Felicia was turning off lights and closing the cellar in the back. She eventually made her way to the front and said,
"Alright its been dead all day! We're closing early and getting out of here!"
My face lit up in excitement at the thought of leaving work early.
"Sweet!" I hopped out of my chair and made my way to leave. But as I was about to push the door open to leave,
"Hey Sam?"
I turned to Felicia to see her looking a little desperate for help.
"Can you drop me off at school?" Her hands wringing the strap on her purse in anticipation.
"It's 6:45 in the evening, what school are you going to?"
"Night School"
"Oh, well that's rather obvious." I felt like a total idiot for asking.
"It won't take long, its this 15 minute course I take every week and it gets me 3 credits." A chicken 'BAGOK' rings in my head. A 15 minute course that gets you 3 credits? I had to see this for myself.
"Alright I've got to see this for myself, but I gotta stop at my house first."
"What do you have to do at your house?" I didn't want her to know why because I didn't want to admit that I was a little star-struck.
"I gotta feed the cat!"
We soon pull up to the house,
"I'll be right back." I sprint inside the house and nearly trip over the cat. I grab the dry cat food and throw it in the air hoping some will hit the cat's bowl so I can feel like I didn't lie. I power up the stairs to my laptop. I got on the tubes (internet) and wrote my status as casually as possible.
"Hangin' with Felcia Day."
I laid back in my chair with a large grin on my face thinking, 'Andrew will be sooo jealous!'
I soon remembered that I had left her in the car so I rushed back downstairs. When I exited the house I casually walked back up to the car and thanked her for waiting.
So we are meandering down a local road in a blue sedan. She points to a corner at an intersection,
"It's right here!" I pull into a metered spot knowing that its way past 6. The streets are empty and the sky is pitch black. The only light sources are the street lamps. We get out of the car and I stare up at a big box-shaped building with a large concrete sign in front of it with large rectangular buttons. Using my 20/16 vision I also noticed that each button had a large letter from the alphabet on it. The sign looked something like this:
X B F G
L E T Y
P O M U
I looked over at Felicia who had grasped her chin in thought. She stared for a long while and eventually said,
"I can never remember the buttons I have to push on this thing."
"Well how many buttons do you have to push?"
"Two."
"Maybe they are initials for the headmast-" Felicia's face lit up with excitement.
"Oh my, I just remembered...duh! It's E & M, Easy Mode, its so obvious now!" She pressed her hands on each rectangular button. The buttons lit up in a light green hue and the sign slowly lowered.
"Hold onto my purse." I turned to her and gave her a look of total misunderstanding.
"Just do it." As my left hand grasped the strap of the purse I noticed that where the sign had lowered a large tube was being raised in its place. Felicia and I both stared at the monstrous tubing apparatus and whispered,
"Whoa..."
No sooner did we say that we were whisked off into the abyss of the tube. It was as if we were falling horizontally. The inside of the tubing soon turned to gray and white stripes. I could hear an evil laugh towards the end of the tunnel. At this point I was strangling the purse strap because I didn't know what else to do.
We eventually land in what looks like a damp basement. I dust myself and check for bruises and we both seem alright. Felicia looks to her left down a very dark hallway and says,
"Oh okay its just down here, I'll be back in a bit." She walks calmly into the blackness and all I can hear are her distancing footsteps. I see some stone steps and sit there and play with my phone while I wait. After staring into the screen of my phone for a bit I hear,
"You think you are so cool don't you?!" I look around the stone basement for the source of this condescending Italian accented voice.
"You think you are so cool just because you have multiple cells!" I start to panic and swivel my head frantically around looking at the ceiling and at doorways but I can't spot a thing!
"Ehhh you with the face! Right in front of ya!" I straighten my head and sure enough in front of me on the other side of the basement was a bench with 3 large blobs sitting on it. I don't say anything I just stare blankly at them, which was probably a bad idea.
"What you never seen Amoeba before?!" I didn’t want any trouble so I tried to diffuse the situation.
"Look I'm just waiting for someone."
"What are you some important guy that thinks multiple suns shine out his..." This went on for quite sometime. Soon his buddies joined in hollering at me and saying things like, biped, hair grower, and sexual reproducer. All in all, not the best insults but it was still annoying. Eventually Felicia emerged from the blackness on the left. So I shouted over the Amoeba,
"Let's boogie out of here!" She shrugged her shoulders and began to salsa up the stairs that led out. We arrived back by the blue sedan and I asked,
"What were you learning in there?"
"Japanese."
"Oh, need a ride home?"
"No, I can walk from here."
I drove home feeling exhausted and trudged upstairs and collapsed into bed.
...I wake up. I look around unsure, I leap out of bed and check facebook for the status I wrote. I go back to bed...disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment