Dream: I am in a cafeteria that looks a lot like the one from college. My friends Andrew and Tex are sitting eating lunch with me. I gaze outside and see a large red desert landscape. I feel something in my hand and discover that I am holding a clump of red dust. So naturally I line up the dust on the lunch table and position myself to snort it. As I am going through the last line Andrew looks up from his food and discovers what I am doing.
"Sam don't snort that you'll trip mad balls!" Of course as he said that I finished the last of the red dust. I looked at Andrew's worried face and started to get nervous. Andrew's face soon breaks into many triangles that rotate round and round. The cafeteria floor's texture feels more like a slushy ocean than a concrete floor, I grip my seat tightly in terror. My view of the dream pans out and Andrew and Tex decide that lunch is done and it was time to go. They put their trays on the washing conveyor belt and help me do the same. As they begin to guide me out of the cafeteria the three of us bump into these three broad shouldered aliens wearing sport uniforms. They seemed almost like cartoon characters. They had biceps the size of tree trunks, but their legs were like sticks. I wonder if they used steroids or something. Before I could ask the middle one grunted and showed he was angered by our slight bump. Eventually his tiny mouth bellowed,
"Hey watch where your going!" Tex swells with adrenaline and gets in the aliens face.
"YOU WANNA GO?!" The aliens don’t hesitate in the slightest, they roll up their sleeves and get in fighting stances. Andrew and Tex put up their fists and I decide to do a Jackie Chan drunken master pose. Though it is hard to maintain due to the waves that keep shifting my feet. The fight breaks out and I collapse almost instantly, I watch a blur of fists and legs as the waves gently carry me to the garbage cans. I try to keep my eyes open but the fighting combine with the fact that none of them were in one shape anymore I couldn’t handle it and passed out.
I am awoken by Andrew and Tex, I’m not sure how much time has passed but they both have substantial bruises all over them. Despite the obvious markers I dared to ask,
"How'd we do?" They roll their eyes and hoist me up from the floor which was a easier to handle because the floor seemed to be at low-tide. The three of us trudged to a pulley elevator at the end of the cafeteria. We stood on the platform and many squeaks emitted from the pulley system as we began to descend. While we were being lowered I could see the red desert floor slowly approaching, but one thing that made it different was over the vast landscape their were periodic sightings of picnic tables. I guess they were for tired travelers who enjoyed dining on wooden planks. When the elevator touched down I noticed a group of people off in the distance that seemed to be waiting for us. I focused my eyes and tried to ignore the geometric shapes that were being formed every few seconds. It was a group of my college friends. My friend Lauren was the first in the group to spot us and yelled at the top of her lungs,
"Christopher!" <--(Tex) Her legs shot her towards us leaving a cloud of red dust in her wake. The rest of her group quickly covered their noses in response to this. She collided with Tex and gave him a hug, soon the rest of the group sauntered over as well.
After everyone said their hello's and greetings and everyone had properly made fun of me for snorting the dust, we weren't sure where to go. Tex's face light up with an idea(as it often does).
"Hey, we should go to the orgy side of the planet!" Everyone agreed it was better than just standing here. So we all headed out towards a group of trees that I hadn't noticed before. After a few minutes of walking it was clear that I was bringing up the rear of the group due to the fact that walking in a straight line was near impossible for me. I was excited to see this other side of the planet but I was slowly losing the group. I called out to Tex to hold up for a moment but he never responded and the group kept moving. I wasn't going to be left out of this trip, not because Tex didn't feel like waiting a few seconds! The group had stopped under the first grouping of trees where there was a convenient picnic table. I caught up with the group and ran to the front in an interesting round about fashion. I got in front of Tex and caught my breath for a moment before speaking.
"Hey Tex, can you wait for a few seconds! It is hard for me to keep up with the group!" Tex sighed and then said,
"Look maybe you should just sit this one out by this picnic table Sam." I stood on top of the picnic table and pointed threateningly towards Tex.
"You aren't cutting me out of this trip Tex! I will see the orgy side of this planet!" Tex gets a familiar look in his face from when we encountered the aliens. He cracked his neck and got up on the picnic table with me.
"YOU WANNA GO?!"
No comments:
Post a Comment